Thursday, July 4, 2013

Almost finished!

Happy Fourth of July Everyone!

What a wonderful time for celebrating the near completion of the orphanage in South Sudan.  As we celebrate our independence here in the United States, South Sudan will celebrate their independence.  Without this independence, our work might not be possible.  However, we are not independent of God, so it is because of Him that we are able to serve in this area.

I am currently in the United States and have not been able to make visits to the site.  However, Justus and Santino have kept me in the loop and have sent pictures.  By now, the roof should be on the Director's house and all the plastering done.  Next will come the painting.  I told Santino what color I wanted so we will see what color I get.  Sometimes it is not one and the same! :-)  But that's OK.

The guards continue to clear the site to have it ready to receive children as soon as the mamas and cooks are hired and trained.  The next step is to interview the mamas and cooks.  When they are hired we will schedule a training for child rights and protection which will be equivalent to the UMC safe sanctuary policy.  No matter where we are, we must assure that the children are treated well and protected from harm.

Fred and I will be going back to Yei in one week so I will send out another update as soon as I can.  Keep the prayers coming.

GRACE, peace, and joy,

Libby